If you’ve spotted our vans out and about in the Somerset and Dorset area recently, you might have noticed a new logo on our van. We are pleased to announce that we are now members of the National Pest Technicians Association (NPTA).
We already operate a continuous programme of training to keep up to date with legislation, methods of control and best practices. Becoming a member of the NPTA gives our technicians access to valuable additional training opportunities.
Safe and responsible pest control
As professional pest controllers with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to operate using safe and responsible methods that effectively remove pests.
Legislation around pest control is often changing and can be complex. But you can rest assured that our technicians will always be operating in line with the latest advice. We follow best practice guidelines from the National Pest Technicians Association and British Pest Control Association on all aspects of pest control, from pesticide waste to the use of rodenticides.
When using rodenticides, we adhere to the CRRU (Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use) code of best practice. Our pest controllers also hold a rodenticides certificate of competence, which is required due the introduction of the new rodenticides control laws which are being phased in this year.
In all cases, you can be confident that Helliar pest control technicians are always professionally trained to:
- Use chemicals and pesticides safely – safety is always our first priority. We always use chemicals in a safe way that doesn’t endanger people or other animals. All our technicians are trained in accordance with the Control of Pesticides Regulations (COPR).
- Effectively remove pests – keeping up to date with the latest methods enables us to remove pests in the most effective way, plus help you keep pests away for good.
- Control pests without endangering other wildlife.
- Act within the law – for example it can be an offence to disturb or damage an area that animals use for shelter or breeding.
- Document health and safety correctly – contract customers will find everything in their log book, from risk assessments to site plans showing where bait is present.
Need help controlling pests?
Get in touch for advice and a free no-obligation quote from our friendly and experienced team.