Commercial kitchens, such as those in cafes, restaurants, colleges and schools, are always at risk from pest infestations.
Kitchens have everything these pests need to thrive – a supply of food, shelter and water. If not carefully managed they could quickly host a number of pests including ants, flies, fleas, cockroaches and rodents.
A pest infestation could lead to widespread damage to the business premises and reputation. Other risks include contamination of work surfaces, prosecution and closure. As we are nearing one of the busiest times of the year for functions and weddings, a closure at this time would be very costly in terms of lost business.
With that in mind, here’s ten reasons to consider setting up a proactive pest control contract…
- To spot and block gaps where pests could enter buildings.
- To learn how to prevent pests from accessing food, water and areas of shelter.
- Gain insight on the best practices for hygiene, waste disposal and stock management to discourage pests.
- Learn how to spot signs of pests before they become a problem.
- Implement non-toxic proactive pest control measures, such as food-safe mouse traps and fly killers.
- Meet health regulations – which state that control measures must be in place in order for food to be prepared in the commercial market.
- Minimise the need for reactive pest control, which is much more difficult than proactive work. Infestations spread fast and may require the kitchen to be closed down.
- No down time. Unlike infestations which must be treated as soon as possible, proactive work can be done at any time. This ensures minimum disruption to the kitchen.
- More economical in the long run. Proactively keeping pests at bay means less chance of kitchen closures, fires due to rodents chewing wires, damage to buildings and ruined food stocks.
- Proactive pest control is highly effective and significantly reduces the likelihood of damage to your reputation as a result of an infestation.
Why choose Helliar Pest Control
- Over 25 years’ experience working with catering businesses.
- Discreet service, with unmarked vans and an out of hours visit if needed.
- Health and safety documentation as required.
For more information on setting up a proactive pest control contract for your commercial kitchen, please get in touch.