There are many ways birds can cause a nuisance across Somerset. Unfortunately houses, ledges and barns are all ideal roosting grounds for pigeons and gulls, which means they can have a negative impact on our lives.
Some of the way birds cause problems include:
- Damage, cleaning costs and health risks from bird droppings
- Bird droppings can also encourage insect infestations
- Noise from birds calling or stamping on roofs
- Damage from nesting, blocking guttering and chimneys
- Intimidation and attacks from seagulls
Controlling birds can be tricky, and although DIY bird control can be tempting when you’re suffering bird problems, it is not advised due to the danger of visiting the high areas where they nest and the diseases which certain species carry. Seagulls are also protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, so they cannot be killed or disturbed once nesting.
Somerset bird control services
There’s no one trick for controlling birds, so we use a number of different methods to reduce the nuisance caused by seagulls and pigeons. These include:
If you are experiencing problems with birds, we have a wealth of experience in bird control and are happy to offer free, no obligation advice. Get in touch here.