Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
Need help getting rid of mice?
Fast and efficient mice control from Helliar Pest Control
We are experienced at swiftly and discreetly removing mice from all sorts of environments, from catering businesses to domestic properties throughout Somerset and Dorset.
How do mice cause a problem?
Mice carry a large number of diseases, the most significant being salmonella (causing serious food poisoning) and encephalitis (inflammation of the brain). Their droppings and fur can also contaminate food preparation surfaces and foodstuffs. Mice are incontinent and consequently foul wherever they travel.
Mice can also cause damage by gnawing through objects. Needing to gnaw constantly as their teeth continuously grow, mice can damage electrical cables, wood, paper and plastic causing fires, floods and expensive repair bills often not covered by insurance!
The most common pest is the house mouse. House mice have a body length (nose to base of tail) of up to 10 cm (3.9 in) and a tail length up to 10 cm (3.9 in) weighing up to 25 grams.
How to spot a mice infestation
Breeding throughout the year at an alarming rate, it is estimated that two mice in a building with a food source for twelve months would increase their population to as many as 2000. It is therefore crucial to act quickly if you see signs such as:
- Droppings – mouse droppings are rod-shaped and up to 6 mm long (rat droppings are longer).
- Nesting material – such as small pieces of chewed paper and plastic. Often found at the base of drawer units, service cupboards, store rooms and loft areas.
- Smell – a musty smell similar to a damp unventilated area or wet straw.
- Noises – squeaks, rustling and scampering sounds as they make their way around (usually at night).
- Damaged or spoilt food – there is very little that mice won’t eat! Look out for signs of mice on meat, fish, vegetables, weeds, earthworms, crustaceans, nuts and fruit. They also love chocolate, peanuts and cheese!
- Grease marks – rodents often leave a black or dark grey smear of body grease when regularly running over surfaces such as conduit or pipes.
Why use Helliar mice control?
- Experienced technicians can get rid of mice quickly and efficiently.
- Friendly, helpful staff — no automated telephone lines.
- Discreet service in unmarked vans, at a time that suits you.
- Advice on prevention once mice have been controlled.
How do I get rid of Mice?
Simple. Contact Helliar Pest Control today for a FREE no obligation quote. With many years of experience, we know how it feels when you discover you've got pest problems, so we'll be more than happy to come and see what the best solution is.
or call us on
01935 421 777